Tony Douglas assumed the role of Chief Executive Officer for Defence Equipment & Support (DE&S) in December 2015. He has held a number of senior roles within several major companies, most recently as the Chief Executive of Abu Dhabi Airports which he joined in March 2013.
Tony began his career at General Motors as an apprentice industrial engineer. In 1990 he moved to BAE rising to become Product Manufacturing Director in its regional aircraft division. This was followed by a number of high level positions at BAA, Lang O’Rourke and Abu Dhabi Ports Company.
Chief Executive of Defence Equipment and Support (DE&S)
The Chief Executive Officer is the UK’s National Armaments Director and as the Accounting Officer for Defence Equipment and Support (DE&S) is directly responsible to Parliament for the stewardship of DE&S’ resources.
To discharge these responsibilities, CEO has delegated authority from PUS to lead and manage DE&S:
- providing equipment and logistic support to current operations, including delivery against urgent operational requirements
- delivering funded equipment acquisition and support outputs, as agreed with Front Line Commands and the Head Office
- delivering projects to performance, time and cost targets, in accordance with agreed asset delivery plans
- managing safety, risk and environmental issues in accordance with mandated requirements and appropriate best practice
- representing UK interests in international military and political fora, including NATO and the EU