Paul Kissack was appointed Director General for EU Exit Delivery at the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs on 23 September 2019.
He is responsible for coordinating the work on the domestic consequences of Brexit for Defra.
His previous senior civil service posts include:
- Deputy Chief Executive, Ministry for Children, New Zealand between 2017 and 2019
- Director General of Children’s Services, Equalities and Communication, Department for Education from 2014 to 2017
- Director of Children’s Social Care Policy, Department for Education
- Principal Private Secretary to the Cabinet Secretary Gus O’Donnell
- Deputy Director of Productivity and Reform, HM Treasury
- Head of Communications and Press Spokesman for the Chancellor of the Exchequer Gordon Brown
Director General for EU Exit Delivery
Previous roles in government
Director General, Social Care, Mobility and Equalities
- 2014 to 2016