Professor Paul Johnstone joined PHE in December 2012.
- Director of Public Health for NHS North of England
- Regional Director of Public Health for Yorkshire and the Humber
- Visiting Professor at Leeds Beckett University
- volunteered and worked in Pakistan, Sudan and West Indies in refugee and crisis situations
- previously advisor to CMO and Government on health of children and young people
Regional Director, North of England
Regional directors ensure the quality, responsiveness and consistency of the services PHE centres provide.
They have an assurance role for emergency planning and response and are responsible for workforce development across the wider public health system.