Date of birth:
28 August 1965
Robert George and June Brummell.
St Albans School St Catharine’s College, Cambridge (MA, Geography)
- 1987 Joined Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO). Desk Officer in Research Department and then South America Department.
- 1989 Third later Second Secretary (Chancery) Islamabad
- 1993 Head of Science and Technology Section; Environment, Science and Energy Department, FCO
- 1995 First Secretary (Political/Information), Rome
- 2000 Deputy Head, Eastern Department, FCO
- 2002 HM Ambassador to Turkmenistan
- 2005 HM Ambassador to Kazakhstan, and concurrently non-resident Ambassador to Kyrgyzstan
- 2005 Turkmenistan: The Bradt Travel Guide
- 2008 Kazakhstan: The Bradt Travel Guide
- 2009 HM High Commissioner to Barbados and the Eastern Caribbean. From 2010 additionally United Kingdom Representative to CARICOM and the OECS, and from 2011 additionally UK Consul-General to the Dutch Caribbean Publications
- 2014 HM Ambassador to Romania
British Ambassador to Romania
The Ambassador represents Her Majesty The Queen and the UK government in the country to which they are appointed. They are responsible for the direction and work of the Embassy and its Consulates, including political work, trade and investment, press and cultural relations, and visa and consular services.
Previous roles in government
British High Commissioner to Barbados
- 2009 to 2013