Michael Spur became the chief executive of the National Offender Management Service Agency in June 2010.
He started his civil service career as a prison officer at HMP Leeds in 1983 and worked in the prison service for 25 years at various establishments and at its headquarters. He was a governing governor at HMYOI Aylesbury, HMP Wayland and HMP/YOI Norwich.
Since then his career highlights have included:
- Director of Operations, HMPS Agency Board, 2003
- Deputy Director General, HMPS Agency Board, 2007
- Chief Operating Officer, NOMS Agency, April 2008
- strategic management and accountability of National Offender Management Service (NOMS) Agency
- management of NOMS organisational restructure programme
- CEO is a member of MOJ Departmental Board executive management committee