Mark Bryson-Richardson was appointed Director of the Stabilisation Unit in September 2014.
Immediately prior to taking up this role Mark served as the Deputy Ambassador to Iraq and Consul General Basra. He has completed a number of permanent and temporary roles in the Foreign and Commonwealth Office including:
- Deputy Head of Mission to Somalia
- Head of the Libya Group
- Political Counsellor, British Embassy Kabul
- Head of the Middle East Peace Process Team
- Deputy Ambassador, British Embassy Khartoum
- Second Secretary Political, British High Commission Islamabad
- Desk Officer, Gibraltar – European Union
Stabilisation Unit Director
The Director of the Stabilisation Unit leads a cross government civil-military-police team that serves as a centre of expertise for the British government on conflict, stability, security and justice issues. In this role the Director oversees the work of the National School of Government International and the Joint International Policing Hub.