Lindy Cameron is DFID’s Director General for Country Programmes. Until December 2015 she was Director, Middle East, Humanitarian and Conflict. Lindy has had a number of other roles in DFID and the UK Government, including:
- Director, Stabilisation Unit (2012 – 2014)
- Head, DFID Middle East and North Africa Department (2011 - 2012)
- Director, Helmand Provincial Reconstruction Team (2009 - 2010)
- Deputy Director Africa, Trade, Development & International Institutions, Cabinet Office (2008 – 2009)
- Deputy Director, DFID Afghanistan (2006 – 2007)
Director General, Country Programmes
The Director General for Country Programmes is responsible for overseeing DFID’s programmes in Africa, Asia, the Caribbean and Overseas Territories.