The Office of the Secretary of State for Scotland is the UK Government department representing Scotland. It acts as the custodian of the Scottish devolution settlement, represents Scottish interests within the UK Government, and advocates for the UK Government’s policies in Scotland.
The role of the Parliamentary Under Secretary of State is to support the Secretary of State for Scotland in fulfilling these duties.
Their responsibilities include:
- Strengthening the Union
- Energy, including:
- Business and economy, including:
- agriculture and fisheries
- food and drink
- retail and tourism
- financial services
- Investment and infrastructure, including:
- City Region and Growth Deals
- Industrial Strategy
- digital and connectivity
- transport and aviation
- Higher education and academia