David Thomas was appointed Head of Assurance on 16 January 2017.
He was previously Head of Internal Audit for the Department for Communities and Local Government. David joined the civil service in 2005, and has since worked in a range of policy development, finance analysis and assurance roles across departments including the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy; and HM Treasury.
David is a member of the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy.
Head of Assurance
The Head of Assurance’s responsibilities include;
- monitoring of error levels within the legal aid fund
- identifying error recovery opportunities
- quality assurance of legal aid providers
- corporate risk and assurance frameworks
- counter-fraud and investigations functions