Baroness Buscombe was appointed as a Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for the Department for Work and Pensions (Baroness in Waiting) on 15 June 2017.
She was a Government Whip (Baroness in Waiting) from 21 December 2016 to 15 June 2017. She was appointed as a Parliamentary Under Secretary of State at the Department for Work and Pensions on 15 June 2017.
She is a Conservative member of the House of Lords.
Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Work and Pensions (Lords)
The minister’s responsibilities include:
- cross-DWP Lords spokesperson
- fraud, error and debt strategy
- National Insurance number policy
- oversight of departmental statutory instruments and managing the relationship with the Social Security Advisory Committee
- departmental planning and performance management, including ministerial correspondence
- departmental business, including commercial contracting policy, methods of payment policy, transparency and data-sharing, research and trialling, IT security, application of the Military Covenant
Previous roles in government
- 2016 to 2017