What we do
We help UK education and training organisations win business overseas. We identify high value commercial education opportunities and then work with the UK education and training sector to prepare effective, co-ordinated UK responses.
UKTI Education has been jointly set up by the Department for Business, Innovation & Skills (BIS) and UK Trade & Investment (UKTI). Our team acts as a central point of contact within UK government for enquiries from overseas governments, agencies, companies and organisations seeking UK help with their large-scale education and training projects. We help these overseas partners to access the broadest range of UK education and training expertise.
We’re responsible for:
- helping the UK education and training sector to identify, access and pursue high value education opportunities overseas
- encouraging UK education organisations to collaborate on specific opportunities and helping to promote UK bids
- helping overseas customers to find UK education and training organisations that can supply the services and expertise they need for their large-scale education and training projects
- raising the profile of UK education and training around the world
We help deliver effective international education solutions in areas including:
- education and training provision
- educational technology and resources
- qualifications, assessment and quality assurance
- teaching and leadership
- supporting educational delivery
- financing education projects
We are currently focusing on large-scale education and training opportunities in a number of priority markets
Who we are
Our team is made up of civil servants, seconded experts and specialists.
Our headquarters are in London. We work with UKTI’s network of advisors located in more than 100 countries and with other government departments and industry bodies involved in international education.
UKTI also offers general trade advice and practical support to UK education and training companies who want to grow their business overseas.
Access our information
Jobs and contracts