All our jobs are advertised on Civil Service jobs.
UK Export Finance is responsible for Export Guarantees Advisory Council (EGAC), a non-departmental public body (NDPB). The chairman and members of this body are publicly appointed. Vacancies are advertised on the Cabinet Office’s Public Appointments website.
Pay and grading structure
This section explains the pay and grading structure for staff at UK Export Finance.
Senior Civil Service (SCS)
The SCS is made up of the Civil Service’s top managers, specialists and policy advisors and currently has around 4,000 members.
The pay and grading structure for the SCS is managed by the Cabinet Office. The Cabinet Office is responsible for providing evidence to the Senior Salaries Review Body, which provides independent advice to the government on the Senior Civil Service system.
More information about pay and grading arrangements for the Senior Civil Service is available on the Civil Service website.
All other staff
All posts below the SCS are placed in one of a series of pay bands. There is a pay range for each pay band, with separate ranges for London and National based staff. The pay ranges in the tables below are from 1 August 2018.
This table gives the minimum and maximum pay rates for London.
This table gives the national minimum and maximum pay rates.
Our recruitment policy
We are committed to fair and open competition, and believe it is vital to find the best available person for the job. Spending time to secure the best candidate in the field is critical to the success of our organisation.
To deliver our aims, we are committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a mutually rewarding career experience. Our employees bring with them valuable qualifications, experience and skills from previous employment or outside interests. In return, we offer a wide range of opportunities and benefits.
Positions may be offered on a permanent or fixed-term basis in line with the Civil Service Recruitment Principles, available on the Civil Service Commission’s website.
Benefits of working for us
We are an equal opportunities employer and take our goal as a diverse employer very seriously. We aim to provide an enabling environment to meet the varying needs of our workforce including:
- work-life balance
- flexible working patterns including part-time, compressed hours, job-share and flexible working hours
- access to ‘Gold Standard’ Civil Service pension scheme with substantial employer contribution
- season ticket loans
- 25 days annual leave on entry, rising to 30 days after 10 years’ service
- leave for professional and academic studies
- excellent opportunities for learning and development
- maternity, adoption or shared parental leave of up to 26 weeks full pay followed by 13 weeks of statutory pay and a further 13 weeks unpaid, and paternity leave of 2 weeks full pay
Health and wellbeing
Our offices are easily accessible by public transport and fully equipped with an on-site gymnasium.
We also offer our employees:
- free eye care tests
- sports and social club with various activities and events
- Cycle2Work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme