What we do
The Adjudicator’s Office role is to:
- provide an accessible and flexible service and make fair and impartial decisions
- support and encourage effective resolution
- use insight and expertise to support the organisations to learn from complaints and improve services to customers
Find out more about what we can look at HMRC and VOA or Home Office
The Adjudicator and Adjudicator’s Office provide an independent and impartial review of complaints.
The Adjudicator’s Office falls within the same legal entity as the Commissioners of HMRC, and the staff are employees of HMRC.
The Adjudicator is an office holder, not an employee nor an officer of HMRC, and is external to HMRC with the independent personal authority to review complaints.
The independence is preserved by the Adjudicator’s terms of appointment.
Our customer service
What you can expect from us
- treat you politely and professionally
- take care of the information you provide to us
- communicate with you using plain language and avoid jargon
- explain how we handle your complaint
What we expect from you
We expect you to treat our staff and the service we provide with respect. Our customer actions policy explains how we manage unacceptable actions.