The role of the Planning Inspectorate Board is to provide collective strategic leadership to the organisation.
Under the terms of the framework document, the Board is responsible for:
- ensuring an effective business planning and performance management framework is in place
- ensuring the Planning Inspectorate delivers against its strategic objectives and ensuring sufficient resources are available to achieve those objectives
- setting and communicating the Planning Inspectorate values, purpose and objectives to inspectors, other staff and stakeholders whilst protecting and enhancing the Planning Inspectorate reputation for professionalism, effectiveness, integrity and efficiency
- monitoring and continuously improving performance and quality
- ensuring an adequate risk management framework is in place and reviewing strategic risks
- ensuring that proper accounting procedures are in place
- ensuring that the Planning Inspectorate policies are consistent with the Ministry of Housing,
Communities & Local Government and the Welsh Government and that its affairs are conducted with probity consistent with Managing Public Money
The Board members are
- Chair of the Planning Inspectorate Board – Trudi Elliott
- Planning Inspectorate Chief Executive – Sarah Richards
- Non-Executive Directors – Sally Dixon, Stephen Tetlow and Rebecca Driver
- Director of Corporate Services – Navees Rahman
- Director of Strategy – Christine Thorby
- Director of Operations – Graham Stallwood
- DLUHC representative – Simon Gallagher
Board meeting minutes
The Board meets throughout the year.
Minutes are available from each meeting.