The publication scheme specifies the categories of information that this department publishes and explains how you can get that information.
The Freedom of Information (FOI) Act requires us to tell members of the public how they can find information that is routinely made available.
More information about this can be found on the Information Commissioner’s Office website. We have formally adopted the model publication scheme.
We publish the majority of our information on this website, and specific documents can be found using the publication search.
If the information you want is not routinely published, you can make a request for it under the Freedom of Information Act.
Classes of information
Who we are and what we do
- the organisational structure of the department
- workforce management
- biographical details of ministers
- ministerial data
- special advisers data
What we spend and how we spend it
- spending over £25,000
- information on administration costs and expenditure
- levels of staff pay
- ministers and special advisers: hospitality received
- ministers: meetings with external organisations
- ministers: meetings with proprietors, editors and media executives
- Government Procurement Card: spending over £500
What our priorities are and how we are doing
How we make decisions
Our policies and procedures
- equality and diversity
- health and safety
Lists and registers
This department does not hold any information of this type.
Charging for information
For each class of information one of the following categories will be applicable:
- free of charge on website - the user will of course have to meet any charges by their internet service provider, personal printing costs, etc
- free of charge hard copy, eg a leaflet, booklet or a a single printout from the department’s internet site available by post - intended for those without internet access
- chargeable hard copy, eg ‘glossy’ or other bound paper copies are chargeable
Requests for multiple printouts may attract a charge for the cost of photocopying, postage, etc. We will let you know the relevant charge at the time of your request and this will be payable in advance.
Official requests for information
Before making a request it is worth checking to see if the information is already available via the publication scheme.
If you cannot find the information you require after searching the publication scheme, you may have to submit a request for information. This must be submitted in writing to: FOIScotlandOffice@gov.scot
Freedom of Information Officer
1 Melville Crescent
You should provide:
- your name (title, first name and surname)
- your postal address and or email address for reply
- a description of the information required (please be as specific as possible)
We will deal with your request as quickly as we can, and will aim to let you have a response within 20 working days. If for any reason we are unable to let you have a response within 20 working days we will contact you as soon as possible explaining the reason for this.
Crown copyright and licensing
Most documents supplied by this Office will have been produced by government officials and will be protected by Crown copyright.
You may re-use the Crown copyright protected material (not including the Royal Arms and other departmental or agency logos) free of charge in any format for non-commercial research, private study or internal circulation within your organisation.
The material must be acknowledged as Crown copyright and you must give the title of the source document/publication.
All the content on this website is under the Open Government Licence, except where otherwise stated.
Information supplied to you continues to be protected by the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988.
Information you receive which is not subject to Crown copyright continues to be protected by the copyright of the person, or organisation, from which the information originated. You must obtain their permission before reproducing any third party (non-Crown copyright) information.
For any other proposed use of the material please apply for a click-use PSI licence for core material from the Office of Public Sector Information:
Office of Public Sector Information
Information Policy Team