When we ask you for personal information, we promise:
- to make sure you know why we need it
- only to ask for what we need, and not to collect too much or irrelevant information
- to protect it and make sure nobody has access to it who shouldn’t
- to let you know if we share it with other organisations to give you better services (which we don’t at the moment) – and you can say no
- to make sure we don’t keep it any longer than necessary
- not to make your personal information available for commercial use without your permission
In return, we ask you to:
- give us accurate information
- tell us as soon as possible if there are any changes, such as a new address
This helps us to keep your information reliable and up to date.
You can get more details on:
- how to find out what information we hold about you and how to ask us to correct any mistakes
- agreements we have with other organisations for sharing information
- circumstances where we can pass on your personal information without telling you, for example to prevent and detect crime or to produce anonymised statistics
- our instructions to staff on how to collect, use or delete your personal information
- how we check the information we hold is accurate and up to date
- how to make a complaint
None of the above affects our policy of being open and transparent, or our commitment to Freedom of Information and Data Protection.
The NDA uses a standard technology called a “cookie” to collate information on how and how often the site is used. The cookie is stored on your computer, but it does not store any personal information and will not allow us to identify individual users.
When applying for a job with the NDA we will only use your personal information in the application process and not for any other purpose.
You are asked to submit your name and email address, which we will manage in accordance with Data Protection legislation requirements, so that we may send you the information you requested.
Any personal data you provide in signing up for our web alerts will be used to provide you with the web alert email notification that you have requested and, in some cases, to contact you with optional requests to indicate satisfaction with our communication services.
If you no longer wish to receive email alerts please see the email notification for link to “unsubscribe” or contact the NDA website manager. We do not sell or exchange our mailing list with other companies or organisations.
When submitting an email enquiry, we retain some personal information. We only retain this information to facilitate a response to your enquiry. We pass no information to third parties, unless required to do so by law.
When we ask for information, we will keep to the law, including the General Data Protection Regulations and Data Protection Act.
If you believe your information has been handled incorrectly by the NDA we do have a complaints procedure, contact:
For independent advice about data protection, privacy and data-sharing issues, you can contact the Information Commissioner at:
Phone 08456 30 60 60 or 01625 524540
Information Commissioner’s website