Social media use
Information about MOD’s social media channels.
The MOD encourages and welcomes involvement and support from all its audiences on social media. In the interests of healthy social media communities the following moderation policy is in place:
We reserve the right to block or delete posts containing:
- offensive or threatening language (including swearwords)
- potentially libellous accusations
- words or sentences in languages other than English
- intentionally unconstructive, off-topic or disruptive comments
- spam or marketing unrelated products or services
- overtly political statements
- any form of gaming, lottery or betting
- any unlawful use of imagery that violates copyright or breach of a licence agreement
- any use of images that may be considered abusive, offensive, indecent or obscene
- links to sites that may be obscene, offensive, indecent, etc
We reserve the right to ban or block users who break these rules seriously or repeatedly.
These are our main social media accounts, where we provide regular updates about the armed forces of the United Kingdom.
|Ministry of Defence||@DefenceHQ||Ministry of Defence UK armed forces||Blog YouTube Instagram LinkedIn Flickr Tumblr|
|Armed Forces Day||@ArmedForcesDay||Armed Forces Day||Blog|
|Royal Navy||@RoyalNavy||Royal Navy||YouTube Google+ Instagram|
|British Army||@BritishArmy||British Army||Blog YouTube Instagram Pinterest Google+|
|Royal Air Force||@RoyalAirForceUK||Royal Air Force||YouTube Tumblr Instagram|
|Defence Infrastructure Organisation||@MOD_DIO||Blog|
|Defence Science and Technology Laboratory||@dstlmod||YouTube LinkedIn|
Please note that individual units may also have their own social media accounts, providing updates about activity at a local level.
|Royal Navy||@RNJobsUK||Royal Navy Recruitment|
|British Army||@ArmyJobs||Army Jobs Army Officer Jobs||YouTube LinkedIn|
|Royal Air Force||@RAF_Recruitment||RAF Recruitment|
|Defence Equipment and Support||DESCareers|
|Defence Science and Technology Laboratory||Dstl Early Careers|