MCA’s research programme aims to:
- provide a strong evidence base for MCA work
- identify the need for or reinforce national policy change
- inform the UK’s influence on international policy change
- address the Marine Accident Investigation Branch (MAIB) or other government recommendations
- benefit the maritime community
- work with national and global partners to encourage a more collective and co-operative approach to maritime research
The programme is closely linked with MCA business planning activities. It’s informed by the outcomes of the research strategy forum, which is held at the beginning of each financial year with MCA senior management, representatives from our external partners, and the wider research community.
Search our research and analysis publications.