We provide support to life sciences businesses from the earliest stages of research and development through to clinical trials, manufacturing, commercial operations and business partnerships.
Who we are
We are a mixed team of civil servants and private sector specialists. Most of the team is based in London, but we have staff in other parts of the UK and overseas.
We work with:
- DIT’s wider UK and international networks
- DIT and FCO staff based in consulates and embassies around the world via the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO)
We operate as part of a broader healthcare, life sciences and bioeconomy cluster in the Department for International Trade (DIT). This covers the full spectrum of industrial biotechnology through to biomedical research and healthcare delivery and their supply chains.
We are responsible for:
- supporting and delivering life sciences inward investment into the UK
- developing investment opportunities for new and existing investors
- helping UK-based companies do business overseas
- improving life sciences sector awareness of UK Export Finance’s products and services
- managing stakeholder relationships with life sciences companies and organisations
- helping businesses source locations, partners and research funding
- helping to develop government policy supporting life science businesses
From 2018 to 2019, our priorities will be to:
- promote export and investment in co-operation with trade associations and life sciences networks
- work across government and with industry to manage the impact of Brexit and focus on the post Brexit environment and domestic policy such as the life sciences Industrial Strategy and Sector Deal
- represent the life sciences sector across government in the development of trade policy
- develop the UK’s medical technology offer