IIAC meets quarterly and publishes the minutes of its meetings on GOV.UK. You can also read more about its members here.
- Professor Keith Palmer, Chairman (Occupational Medicine, Medical Research Council, Southampton University, reappointed 18 January 2014)
- Dr Paul Baker (Consultant Occupational Physician, Health Management Ltd, appointed 1 October 2014)
- Keith Corkan (Partner, Layton’s Solicitors National Employment Team, appointed 1 May 2016)
- Professor Paul Cullinan (Occupational and Environmental Medicine, National Heart and Lung Institute, reappointed 1 September 2014)
- Dr Sara De Matteis (Lecturer in Occupational Respiratory Disease, National Heart and Lung Institute, appointed 1 December 2014)
- Richard Exell (Senior Policy Officer, Trades Union Congress, reappointed 8 June 2015)
- Paul Faupel (Former Head of Campus Health and Safety and Laboratory Facilities, Genome Research Limited, reappointed 8 June 2015)
- Professor Sayeed Khan (Chief Medical Adviser, EEF, The Manufacturers’ Organisation, appointed 1 May 2016)
- Dr Ira Madan (Consultant Occupational Physician and Honorary Senior Lecturer, Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust and King’s College London, appointed 1 October 2014)
- Karen Mitchell (Legal officer and Solicitor, Rail, Maritime and Transport Union, appointed 1 December 2014)
- Professor Damien McElvenny (Principal Epidemiologist, Institute of Occupational Medicine and Director, Statistics and Health Limited, reappointed 1 September 2014)
- Professor Neil Pearce (Epidemiology and Biostatistics, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, appointed 1 October 2014)
- Hugh Robertson, Senior Policy Officer, Trades Union Congress, appointed 8 April 2015)
- Douglas Russell (Health and Safety Officer, Union of Shop, Distributive and Allied Workers, appointed 1 December 2014)
- Professor Anthony Seaton CBE (Emeritus Professor of Environmental and Occupational Medicine, University of Aberdeen, appointed 1 May 2016)
- Dr Karen Walker-Bone (Reader and Honorary Consultant, Occupational Rheumatology, Medical Research Council, Southampton University, appointed 1 May 2016)
- Dr Andrew White, (Head of Safety and Occupational Health, University of Southampton, appointed 1 December 2014)
Register of interests
Read the Register of members’ interests.
Recruitment of members
Recruitment of IIAC members is governed by the code of practice laid down by the Office of the Commissioner for Public Appointments. Vacancies are published on the Public Appointments website as a minimum.
Our meetings and minutes
July 2016: IIAC minutes (PDF, 149KB, 6 pages)
April 2016: IIAC minutes (PDF, 157KB, 10 pages)
January 2016: IIAC minutes (PDF, 176KB, 12 pages)
IIAC Research Working Group meetings
September 2016: Research Working Group minutes (PDF, 101KB, 3 pages)
May 2016: Research Working Group minutes (PDF, 125KB, 6 pages)
March 2016: Research Working Group minutes (PDF, 139KB, 8 pages)
Read earlier meeting minutes on The National Archives website.
IIAC public meetings
IIAC also hold annual public meetings. Read the IIAC public meeting minutes.
The council doesn’t have any staff of its own but DWP provides a small secretariat team.
- Head of Secretariat: Hazel Norton-Hale and Annette Loakes (jobshare)
- Scientific Advisor: Ian Chetland
- Administrative Secretary: Catherine Hegarty