These are our main social media accounts, where we provide regular updates about the work of the Home Office, Border Force, UK Visas and Immigration, Her Majesty’s Passport Office and Immigration Enforcement.
We encourage and welcome open, lively debate that is civil and relevant. We also want to ensure people’s safety online, so we’ve provided the following guidelines.
Our social media team moderates our social media accounts Monday to Friday during office hours (9am to 5pm). We will delete comments on our posts that:
- are abusive, racist, sexist, homophobic or inflammatory
- break the law (this includes libel, condoning illegal activity and contempt of court)
- are not on topic and that we consider to be spam
- contain personal information, such as telephone numbers and addresses
- identify individual Home Office staff members
- advertise commercial activity or ask for donations
For serious or persistent breaches of our moderation policy, we reserve the right to prevent users from posting further comments.
We don’t generally reply to comments on our posts but will pass feedback on to relevant people in the department.
If you follow our Twitter feed, you will be among the first to learn about Home Office announcements and information.
If you follow us, we will not automatically follow you back.
We don’t reply to the messages we receive through Twitter, but we do read all tweets, direct messages and comments. We will pass on feedback to relevant people in the department.
We will report comments that break Twitter’s rules to Twitter.
The Home Office social media: privacy notice covers how we treat your personal information if you were filmed or recorded for social media purposes.