HM Treasury jobs
HM Treasury jobs are advertised on the Civil Service Jobs website. Opportunities for graduates are available through the Treasury graduate recruitment website or Fast Stream graduate recruitment programme.
Benefits of working with us
We are an equal opportunities employer and our benefits are aimed to meet the needs of a varied workforce.
We pride ourselves in offering:
- work-life balance
- family friendly policies including flexible working hours
- final salary and stakeholder pension schemes
- maternity leave of 52 weeks regardless of the length of service
- maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave of up to 26 weeks full pay followed by 13 weeks statutory pay and a further 13 weeks unpaid
- leave for professional/academic studies
- paid time off for public service duties, for example, armed forces reservist
Employee benefits and rewards
Employee benefits and rewards include:
- season ticket loans
- access to the Department employee discount scheme
- generous childcare vouchers
- access to the employee assistance programme offering counselling and confidential advice
- the option to join a trade union
- an in-year award scheme for exceptional performance and annual performance bonuses
- sick leave on full pay, followed by half pay, up to the maximum allowed by the relevant scheme
Commitment to equality
Treasury is an equal opportunities employer. We have a policy of equality of opportunity for all staff. Applications are welcome regardless of race, colour, ethnic or national origin, sex, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, religious beliefs or age.
Read more about equality and diversity in Treasury.
We provide career opportunities from entry to experienced levels across different professions including:
- social researchers
- human resources
- information services
- internal audit
- personal assistants
- project administrators
A graduate role at HM Treasury puts you at the centre of policy formulation in government. And because we’re at the centre, you’ll find a place to revel in your responsibility and the contribution you can make to shaping the nation’s future.
Your time with us begins with a structured induction and 18 months in a Policy Adviser role that features real responsibilities from day 1 in the job. After that, we expect you to move around, learn more and gain even more experiences. Looking to the longer term, your time at the Treasury will open up a wealth of career paths, in or outside the Civil Service.
More information on how to apply can be found on the Treasury graduate recruitment website.
An apprenticeship programme combines practical training in a job with study, and as an apprentice, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- work alongside experienced staff
- gain job-specific skills
- earn a wage and get holiday pay
- be given time for study related to your role (the equivalent of one day a week)
At HM Treasury, we offer apprenticeships in business administration, finance, human resources, management and policy (from October 2018). We also plan to offer economics apprenticeships in the future.
To search for apprenticeships available at HM Treasury, please use the find an apprenticeship website.
The Government Economic Service (GES) offers 2 centrally run work experience schemes for students:
- 12-month sandwich student placements
- 6 to 12-week summer vacation placements
More information about these opportunities, including eligibility requirements, can be found on the GES website.
HM Treasury Alumni Group
The HM Treasury Alumni Group network is available on LinkedIn.
Working from within the Permanent Secretary’s office, we post Treasury news items or events for staff who have moved on to other departments and organisations, or those who might be on a career break or maternity leave.
The group is designed for those working outside the Treasury who do not already have access to this information. Existing staff are very welcome to join, but they may already be receiving the information internally.
Here at the Treasury we are lucky enough to welcome some very interesting and prestigious guest speakers to the building and, as members of the Alumni Network, we hope to invite members to various events at 1 Horse Guards Road, including an Alumni Networking event.
If you are not on LinkedIn and would like to join our mailing list, please email your details to email@example.com so we can ensure you are kept up-to-date on events and notifications.