How to apply for jobs with Highways England, workplace benefits and information on graduate and apprenticeship schemes.
Highways England staff have a wide range of expertise and skills and come from all parts of the community. As a member of Highways England you will be collaborating closely with our partners across the supply chain to help carry out a challenging programme of work.
You can search for a Highways England job on our jobs website.
Our workplace benefits are designed to create a culture in which everyone can thrive. They include:
- defined contribution pension scheme
- flexible working:
- right to request term-time/part time/compressed hours/job sharing
- right to request career breaks (up to 5 years)
- time off for dependants
- salary sacrifice for childcare vouchers
- 60% reimbursement of holiday playscheme costs
- interest-free loans for season tickets
- health and wellbeing initiatives
- reimbursement of professional membership fees, where the membership to a professional body is beneficial to your role
Full details of these benefits will be set out in your terms and conditions.
- Employee Assistance Programme: free independent advice and support for employees, their family and friends
- Give As You Earn: donate money to your chosen charity before tax
- Civil Service Motoring Association (CSMA)
- The Charity for Civil Servants
- The Benenden Healthcare Society
- Trade Union membership with these recognised unions:
Graduate and apprenticeship schemes
Each year we recruit graduates into a 3-year programme to develop talented people. You work for Highways England, taking up placements in different parts of the agency. You’ll be interviewed for promotion in the final year of the scheme. Our apprentices join with a work and training package to suit the post advertised.
If you’re interested in our graduate or apprenticeship schemes you can sign up to receive alerts about when our next scheme will be open for applications. The link will set your subscriber preference for the: