Personal information charter
How we treat your personal information and how to check what details we hold about you at High Speed Two Limited.
This charter sets out what you can expect from us when we ask for, or hold, your personal information. It also covers what we ask from you to help us keep your information up to date.
We know how important it is to protect your privacy and to comply with the Data Protection Act 1998.
If we ask for your personal information we will:
- let you know why we need it
- only ask for what we need, and not collect excessive or irrelevant information
- make sure nobody has access to it who shouldn’t
- not share it with other organisations unless we have told you in advance, unless we are obliged or permitted to do so by law
- only keep it for as long as we need to
- not make it available for commercial use, such as marketing
In dealing with your personal information, we will also:
- value the personal information entrusted to us and make sure we respect that trust
- abide by the law when it comes to handling personal information
- consider the privacy risks when we are planning to use or hold personal information in new ways, such as introducing new systems
- provide training to staff who handle personal information and respond appropriately if personal information is not used or protected properly
In return, to help us keep your information accurate and up to date, we ask you to:
- give us accurate information
- tell us as soon as possible of any change of circumstance.
How to find out what personal information we hold about you
You can find out what personal information, if any, we hold about you by making a ‘subject access request’ under the Data Protection Act 1998.
If we do hold information about you we will:
- give you a description of it
- tell you why we are holding it
- tell you who it could be disclosed to
- let you have a copy of the information in an intelligible form
It will help us locate any data we might hold about you if, in making your request, you could state what dealings we have had with you and why you expect us to hold information about you.
Under the Data Protection Act 1998 we are allowed to charge a fee for responding to a subject access request. It is not currently the policy of High Speed Two Limited to charge for subject access requests.
How to make a complaint
If you’re unhappy with the way we have handled your personal information and want to complain, please write to us.
We will acknowledge your complaint within 5 working days and let you have a full response within 20 working days. If it is not possible to respond fully within this timescale, we will write and let you know why and say when you should expect to receive a full response.
If you are not satisfied with our response you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
High Speed Two (HS2) Ltd, 2 Snowhill, Queensway
Freephone 08081 434 434
Minicom 08081 456 472
The helpdesk team are unable to transfer calls internally to HS2 Ltd members of staff.