What we do
We help UK healthcare providers to do more business overseas. We do this by promoting the UK healthcare sector to overseas markets and supporting healthcare partnerships between the UK and overseas healthcare providers.
Healthcare UK is a joint initiative of the Department of Health (DH), UK Trade and Investment (UKTI) and NHS England.
Our headquarters are in London and we work with UKTI’s network of advisors located in more than 100 countries.
Watch the Healthcare UK video
We are responsible for:
- helping overseas healthcare organisations find a UK healthcare provider that can supply the services and expertise they need
- helping UK healthcare providers raise their international profile and win overseas contracts
- encouraging UK healthcare providers to work together so they can bid for major overseas projects
- working with governments to make it easier for UK healthcare providers to do business overseas
- developing the UK public health sector’s ability to work internationally
In 2016 and 2017 our priorities are:
- giving more support to UK organisations to help them win healthcare projects overseas
- Helping NHS organisations and Department of Health Arm’s Length Bodies (ALBs) get ready for overseas activities
- making sure UK and overseas healthcare providers know about the services we offer
- identifying the biggest international opportunities for UK healthcare providers in the following areas:
- clinical services, which covers primary care, non-communicable diseases, mental health and hospital clinical services
- education and training
- infrastructure, from design, build, finance (PPP) to facilities management
- digital health, which includes e-health, m-heath, telemedicine, e-patient records, big data and data analysis
- healthcare systems including public health and research and development
Access our information
Jobs and contracts