Personal information charter
Our personal information charter contains the standards you can expect when we ask for, or hold, your personal information. It also covers what we ask of you, to help us keep information up to date.
In order to provide actuarial advice to our client organisations we sometimes need to handle personal information.
Wherever possible we ask clients to provide information in a way that doesn’t allow individuals to be identified. We don’t collect personal information directly from individuals but collect information from our clients. As this personal information has been collected by the client organisation the client organisation is responsible for ensuring they only share this information in accordance with data protection law and their Personal Information Charter.
If we must ask for personal information, we promise to:
- make sure that whoever provides your information knows why we need it
- only ask for what we need
- protect your information
- make sure nobody has access to it who shouldn’t
- let whoever provides your information know if we need to share it with other organisations to give you better public services
- make sure we don’t keep it longer than necessary
- never make your information available for commercial use without your permission
How to find out what personal information we hold about you
The Data Protection Act allows you to make a ‘subject access request’ from any government agency. Contact us to find out:
- the information we hold about you
- how to ask us to correct any mistakes
- agreements we have with other organisations for sharing information
- circumstances where we can pass on your personal information without telling you, for example to:
- prevent and detect crime
- produce anonymised statistics
- our instructions to staff on how to collect, use and delete your personal information
- how we check the accuracy of the information we hold is accurate
- how to make a complaint
If you request personal information we hold about you, please be as specific as you can about the information you think we have and why you believe we’ve got it.
To make a subject access request or any enquiry about how we handle personal information please contact:
Correspondence and enquiry unit
Government Internal Audit Agency
Lower Ground Floor
1 Horse Guards Road