When we ask you for personal information we promise to:
- tell you why we need it
- only ask for what we need
- make sure nobody has access to it who shouldn’t
- let you know if we’re going to share it with other organisations so that you can benefit from better public services (and if you can say no to this)
- only keep it for as long as we need to
- not make it available for commercial use without your permission, unless it’s information that we’re required to make publicly available on a public register
In return we ask you to:
- give us accurate information
- tell us as soon as possible if there are any changes, such as a new address
This helps us to keep your information reliable and up to date.
All the personal information we hold is protected under the Data Protection Act.
Make a subject access request
You can find out if we hold any of your personal information by making a subject access request under the Data Protection Act. If we do hold information about you we will:
- give you a description of it
- tell you why we are holding it
- tell you who can access it
- let you have a copy of it
To make a subject access request send an email to email@example.com or telephone 020 8943 7374.
For independent advice about data protection, privacy and data-sharing issues, you can contact the Information Commissioner.