The Environment Agency is a non-departmental public body. The board is directly responsible to government ministers for all aspects of our organisation and performance. We are accountable to Parliament through ministers.
Our board has 11 non-executive members:
- Emma Howard Boyd (Chair)
- Richard Macdonald (Deputy Chair)
- Professor Lynne Frostick
- Maria Adebowale-Schwarte
- John Lelliott
- Robert Gould
- Dame Caroline Mason
- Judith Batchelar
- Lilli Matson
- Dr Stewart Davies
- Ines Faden da Silva
All are appointed by the Secretary for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs. The board meets 4 times a year. It delegates day-to-day management to the Chief Executive (Sir James Bevan) and staff.
Our executive directors’ team
- Sir James Bevan, Chief Executive
- John Curtin, Executive Director of Local Operations
- Lucy Hunt, Chief Operating Officer
- Harvey Bradshaw, Executive Director of Environment and Business
- Caroline Douglass, Executive Director of Flood and Coastal Risk Management
- Peter Kellett, Director of Legal Services
- Pat Bolster, (Defra) Director of Finance
- Anna Burns, Deputy Director for Governance and Engagement
- Paul Leat, (Defra) Head of Environment Agency (EA) Communications
- Lindsay Eade Davis, (Defra) Deputy Director of Human Resources
- Corrie Molleman, (Defra) Chief Information Officer for EA
- Jermiane Hutchinson, Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Coordinator
Working with partners
We invite partners and organisations with an interest in what we do to meet our board so that they can have their say on our decisions.
You can also read our board agendas and papers on this page.
2020 board meetings
2019 board meetings
2018 board meetings
2017 board meetings
2016 board meetings
2015 board meetings
2014 board meetings
For details of previous board meetings visit the National Archives.