The Environment Agency is a non-departmental public body. The board is directly responsible to government ministers for all aspects of our organisation and performance. We are accountable to Parliament through ministers.
Our board has 10 non-executive members:
- Emma Howard Boyd (Chair)
- Richard Macdonald (Deputy Chair)
- John Varley
- Lynne Frostick
- Gill Weeks
- Maria Adebowale-Schwarte
- John Lelliott
- Robert Gould
- Caroline Mason
- Judith Batchelar
All are appointed by the Secretary for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs. The board meets 4 times a year. It delegates day-to-day management to the Chief Executive (Sir James Bevan) and staff.
Our executive directors’ team
- Sir James Bevan, Chief Executive
- Toby Willison, Executive Director of Operations
- Harvey Bradshaw, Executive Director of Environment and Business
- John Curtin, Executive Director of Flood and Coastal Risk Management
- John Leyland, Chief of Staff
- Anna Burns, Deputy Director for Governance and Engagement
- Peter Kellett, Director of Legal Services
- Mark Funnell, (Defra) Head of Environment Agency (EA) Communications
- Pat Bolster, (Defra) Director of Finance
- Jen Garrett, (Defra) Deputy Director of Human Resources
- Corrie Molleman, (Defra) Chief Information Officer for the EA
- Anne Brosnan, Deputy Director of Legal Services - Chief Prosecutor
- Catherine Wright, Director of Digital and Skills
- Julie Foley, Director of Flood Strategy and National Adaptation
Working with partners
We invite partners and organisations with an interest in what we do to meet our board so that they can have their say on our decisions.
You can also read our board agendas and papers on this page.
2020 board meetings
2019 board meetings
2018 board meetings
2017 board meetings
2016 board meetings
2015 board meetings
2014 board meetings
For details of previous board meetings visit the National Archives.