The official Twitter account for the Disclosure and Barring Service is @DBSgovuk.
If you follow @DBSgovuk, you can expect:
- official news stories and press releases
- useful facts and figures
- publications and signposts to guidance
- information about our services
- information about events we are running or have attended
Our Communications team monitors our social media accounts Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm.
The official YouTube account for the Disclosure and Barring Service is:
If you subscribe to our YouTube account, you can expect:
- guidance and ‘how to’ videos
- videos about our products and services
It’s very important that you do not give out personal, sensitive or financial information on social media. We will not discuss individual DBS check applications, or barring referrals, and can only answer general queries or signpost to relevant guidance.
Moderation and participation guidelines
We encourage and welcome open, lively debate that is civil and relevant. We also want to ensure people’s safety online, so we’ve provided the following guidelines.
When posting comments, you should follow our participation guidelines.
- be respectful of others who use the site
- stay on-topic and be concise – do not spam
You should not:
- use language that is abusive, racist, sexist, homophobic or inflammatory
- break the law (this includes libel, condoning illegal activity and contempt of court)
- incite hatred based on race, religion, gender, nationality, sexuality or other personal characteristics
- post personal information in comments such as addresses or phone numbers
- impersonate or falsely claim to represent a person or organisation
- advertise commercial activity or ask for donations
- make comments which are party political in nature
We reserve the right to remove comments at any time for any of the above.
For serious or persistent breaches of the moderation and participation guidelines, we reserve the right to prevent users from posting further comments.
We can’t accept any messages on our social media channels as notification of any change in circumstances that may impact a DBS check application or barring referral.
We can’t discuss party political issues.
If we share information from other websites and sources, it does not imply any kind of endorsement.