Equality and diversity
As a public body, we publish regular information about what our equality objectives are and how we're meeting them.
Our duties under the Equality Act 2010
When we’re making decisions, the Equality Act 2010 gives us a duty to take into account the need to:
- eliminate discrimination, harassment and victimisation
- advance equality of opportunity
- foster good relations between different parts of the community
This covers, age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy and motherhood, race (including ethnic or national origin, colour and nationality), religion or belief (including lack of belief), sex and sexual orientation.
DH equality publications
We also have a duty to publish:
- equality objectives (at least every 4 years)
- reports showing how we’re meeting our equality responsibilities (at least once a year)