Previous experience in a government department is not essential: our staff have backgrounds in the voluntary, public and private sectors.
You can find out more about what it’s like to work at the Department of Health and Social Care on the Civil Service careers website.
Jobs at the Department of Health and Social Care
We are currently recruiting to a variety of roles. Please visit the Civil Service Jobs website for more details and to apply.
All Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) jobs are advertised on the Civil Service Jobs website. We also advertise in national and local media.
Vacancies on our boards and committees are listed below or on the Public Appointments website.
The Department of Health and Social Care values and promotes diversity and is committed to equality of opportunity for all.
- a competitive salary that is reviewed annually
- the opportunity to earn performance awards
- an occupational pension when you join DHSC
Employee benefits and rewards
Employee benefits and rewards include:
- an employee discount scheme
- childcare vouchers or tax-free childcare scheme for eligible employees
- an employee assistance programme providing confidential advice, information and counselling
- the option to join a trade union
- an in-year award scheme for one-off exceptional personal or team achievements
- sick leave on full pay, followed by half pay, up to the maximum allowed by the relevant scheme
- up to 30 days annual leave and 9 days public and privilege leave in a year (pro rata for part-time staff)
- time off to deal with emergencies, unexpected situations and certain other unplanned special circumstances
- paid time off for public service duties, for example if you are an armed forces reservist
- family-friendly policies, including flexible working patterns
- flexible working hours, subject to business needs
Eligible employees are entitled to:
- maternity, adoption or shared parental leave of up to 26 weeks full pay followed by 13 weeks statutory pay and a further 13 weeks unpaid
- paternity leave of up to 2 weeks full pay
Development and career opportunities
- rewarding and challenging jobs to help you develop and reach your potential
- a comprehensive range of learning and development opportunities to help you develop your skills, knowledge and experience
Jobs in the NHS
If you’re interested in working for the NHS, see the NHS Jobs website.
DHSC boards and committees vacancies
There are currently no vacancies.
These forms apply to all boards and committees vacancies.