What we do
We are a bespoke trading entity, and arm’s length body of the Ministry of Defence. We manage a vast range of complex projects to buy and support all the equipment and services that the Royal Navy, British Army and Royal Air Force need to operate effectively. We work closely with industry, including through partnering agreements and private finance initiatives.
Who we are
DE&S employs approximately 12,500 civil servants and military personnel around the UK and overseas and our headquarters are in Bristol.
We are responsible for:
- the procurement and support of ships, submarines, aircraft, vehicles, weapons and supporting services
- general requirements including food, clothing, medical supplies and temporary accommodation
- inventory management
- British Forces Post Office
- Submarine Dismantling Project
- providing the right equipment to the armed forces and supporting it, whilst delivering better value for money to the taxpayer
- transforming the organisation so that it can better support the armed forces
Access our information
Jobs and contracts