Personal information charter
How the Civil Nuclear Constabulary treats your personal information and how to check what details are held on file.
When we ask for your personal information we promise to:
- tell you why we need it
- only ask for what we need
- protect it and hold it securely
- only share it with other organisations when the law allows us to
- not keep it any longer than necessary
- not make it available for commercial use without your permission, unless we are required to make it available on a public register
In return, we ask you to:
- give us accurate information
- tell us as soon as possible if there are any changes, such as a new address
This helps us to keep your information reliable and up to date.
All the information we hold is protected under the Data Protection Act 1998.
Make a subject access request
You can find out if we hold any of your personal information by making a subject access request under the Data Protection Act.
If we do hold information about you we will:
- give you a description of it
- tell you why we are holding it
- tell you who can access it
- let you have a copy of it
To make a subject access request, write to us enclosing a cheque for £10 made out to ‘CNPA’.
Civil Nuclear Constabulary
Culham Science Centre
For independent advice about data protection, privacy and data-sharing issues, you can contact the Information Commissioner.