Each government department has a publication scheme, which makes information available to the public about how it operates and how it spends its budget.
You don’t need to make a Freedom of Information (FOI) request for these.
AGO’s publication scheme
All of the information is set into ‘classes’. These classes are:
Who we are and what we do
- organisational information and organograms
- locations and contacts
- constitutional and legal governance
What we spend and how we spend it
The data for the Attorney General’s Office is also published by the Treasury Solicitor’s Department. The Treasury Solicitor is accounting officer for the AGO.
You can find:
- AGO senior staff and salaries
- expenditure reports
- pay and grading information
- procurement information
- spending over £25,000
- human resources policies and recruitment information
- equalities reports and schemes
What our priorities are and how we are doing
This includes strategy and performance information, plans, assessments, inspections and reviews.
Older business plans and reports can be found at the National Archives
Our policies and procedures
These include current written protocols for delivering our functions and responsibilities.
Lists and registers
Information held in registers required by law and other lists and registers relating to the functions of the authority.
This information includes:
- ministerial gifts given and received
- ministerial hospitality
- ministerial overseas travel
- ministerial meetings
The classes of information will not generally include:
- information the disclosure of which is prevented by law, or exempt under the Freedom of Information Act, or is otherwise properly considered to be protected from disclosure
- information in draft form
- information that is no longer readily available as it is contained in files that have been placed in archive storage, or is difficult to access for similar reasons
Archived information previously on our website is available from the National Archives
Information not already published
If you cannot find what you want through this scheme, or otherwise on our website, you may wish to make a request to us under the FOI Act or the Environmental Information Regulations 2004 (EIR).
To contact us about FOI, email: firstname.lastname@example.org