We are responsible for:
- providing independent statements on the safety, efficacy and quality of medicines and medical devices that may be used by the armed forces
- giving specific advice on medical products that are unlicensed or MOD intends to use for a purpose other than its licensed use
- peer review research, development and acquisition programmes that will deliver future operational medical capability
- providing independent advice on policy, doctrine, training and practice issues
Our priorities are to ensure the medicines and equipment being used are:
- safe and effective
- have a good evidence base
Who we are
There are 31 members of AGoMM. These are made up of 14 military members and 5 are ex-officio members from other government departments. The remainder are independent appointments to AGoMM.
The group meets 2 times a year and will ordinarily only provide advice as the result of a request from a government department, usually the MOD.