How do you envision Polish-British relations in the future? What are the values we share, and what can we do together to make our relations ever better? Tell us and maybe you can be Youth Ambassador for a day!
What do you need to do?
It’s simple: send us a short video (up to 3 minutes, either in English or in Polish) saying how you imagine the future of Polish-British relations.
Be creative – it can be a simple video of you, an animation, a story, or whatever you have in mind!
The winner will be selected by a special committee of Embassy staff, led by Ambassador Jonathan Knott.
What do you get if you win?
- the winning video will be shared on the Embassy’s social media platforms – Facebook and [Twitter]https://twitter.com/ukinpoland)
- the winner will join the Embassy for one day as “Youth Ambassador” prior to International Youth Day, and we will prepare a full-day’s schedule for you. You will accompany leading Embassy staff in their meeting with key stakeholders, present your vision of the future of Polish-British relations and get the chance to influence ideas on upcoming activities and policies of the Embassy
- during the day, you will get the chance to take over our Twitter account and report live from your meetings and experiences, just like the Ambassador
- following your visit, we will publish on our website and social media channels a special video summarising the day and your thoughts and impressions
- on top of all this, the winner will also be invited to participate in the third Polish-British Belvedere Forum, to take place in Warsaw in early 2019
Rules of the contest
Participation in the contest is open to all people aged 12-27 residing in Poland during the duration of the contest, excluding members of families of British Embassy Warsaw staff.
The video, up to 90 seconds of length, should be submitted as a link (eg. via WeTransfer or Google Drive) to the British Embassy Warsaw (hereby: organisers) at email@example.com by Sunday, 15 July, 23:59 CET.
The video can be either in Polish or in English. Nevertheless, please do take into consideration that the working language of the British Embassy is English, and should you win, you will be expected to hold meetings in English during your visit.
When submitting your video, you should include your name, surname, age, and place of residence. Please also include the following clause:
Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych w zakresie niezbędnym dla realizacji konkursu oraz na wykorzystanie mojego wizerunku przez Ambasadę Zjednoczonego Królestwa Wielkiej Brytanii i Irlandii Północnej w Warszawie.
Submissions including the personal data of those who participated in the content but did not win will be removed after the winner has been announced.
If you are under the age of 18, please include in your submission a scanned letter signed by your parents / legal guardians, authorising your participation in the contest, your arrival to the Embassy and the sharing of your personal data as per the clause above. If you win, you will be requested to bring the original letter with you.
The winner, to be selected by a special committee of Embassy staff, led by HMA Jonathan Knott, shall be announced by Friday 27 July.
The winning video will be shared on the social media channels of the British Embassy Warsaw and by participating in the contest you express your consent to using your video by the organisers.
The work of the contest committee is confidential – there will be no possibility to appeal on the committee’s decision and the committee is not obliged to disclose the arguments behind its choice.
The winner will be contacted by the organisers with logistic details and arrangements. The visit to the Embassy will take place in the week prior to International Youth Day (subject to Embassy staff schedule) and follow a schedule determined by the organisers.
Should the winner require travelling from outside of Warsaw in order to participate in the contest, travel expenses will be covered by the organisers.