Main duties and responsibilities
Offer assistance to British Nationals and Eligible Persons within Azerbaijan, across the full range of consular assistance cases including legalisation of documents, death, hospitalisations and custodial matters, in line with Foreign and Commonwealth Office (Consular) guidance and local conditions.
The ideal candidate will be:
- A confident person with excellent listening and communication skills
- An experienced problem solver, preferably in a customer services skills
- An ability to deal with distressing or difficult situations in a sensitive manner
- Experience of handling casework by following policies, practices and guidelines; completing timely, accurate written reports
- Approachable, empathetic with very strong customer care skills.
- Good self-management and organisational skills with an ability to plan and prioritise effectively with competing workload under pressure
- IT proficiency – Using MS Office, Outlook and ability to learn FCO systems
- A native Azerbaijani and strong Russian speaker with excellent written and verbal English skills.
Salary and employment
This is a part-time position. The successful candidate will be expected to work 2.5 days per week. Monthly gross salary for this position is AZN 674.67 payable in arrears. The successful applicant will receive a comprehensive medical insurance package and excellent training opportunities.
The closing date for applications is 5pm on Thursday 13 February, 2014.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to interview during the week commencing 17 February 2014. Due to the large number of applications we are only able to contact those people called for interview. Interviews will be conducted in English. Training and employment will commence mid-March.
Please submit a completed application form electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title for which you are applying in the subject line.
The British Embassy is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on grounds of ethnic origin, race, religious beliefs, age, disability, gender or sexual orientation. All applications will be treated on merit.