World news story
UKTI Internship opportunity - British Embassy Sofia
This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
The UKTI team is offering an internship opportunity for a university student or fresh graduate to join UKTI Sofia from 1 June 2013.
UKTI is the British Government department that works with UK-based businesses to ensure their success in international markets. This position would require a minimum commitment of three (3) months, which could be extended, by mutual agreement, for a longer period of up to six (6) months.
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the UKTI team in delivering market and sector research, arranging meetings between UK and Bulgarian companies, updating existing contact lists, support with activities in delivering campaigns for companies and gathering information as per internal projects.
The successful intern will receive a food allowance at the amount of 10 BGN per day and a transport allowance at 50 BGN per month, but in total not more than 250 BGN per month.
- support UKTI advisers in conducting market research - gathering information as per individual assignments, contacting local companies, drafting short reports, organising meetings
- support UKTI team in delivering services to British companies including preparing event guest lists, following-up on invitations and help with administrative work
- respond to general commercial enquiries and update of internal databases
- monitoring upcoming tender procedures in selected sectors and report writing
The successful Intern will need to demonstrate abilities in the following areas:
- delivering results – accepts responsibility for quality and accuracy of own work; ability to prioritise and plan best use of own time and resources; shows initiative, handles variety of tasks and works well under pressure
- working with others – works effectively and supportively in a team to deliver a common project; builds productive working relationships with team members and works with a diverse range of people
- learning & development - open and flexible approach to new ideas, drawing on them and on experience to improve results; enthusiastic about personal development
- multitasking and detail-orientation, keeping tight deadlines, following-up on individual tasks
- excellent IT skills, in particular the MS Office package
- fluency in English and Bulgarian
- motivated, pro-active, willing to learn and develop
- knowledge of the Bulgarian market is an advantage
- university undergraduate or graduate level education, preferably in economics, business, politics or a related subject
- flexible working hours; negotiable with line manager
Expected learning outcomes
Upon completion of the internship the trainee is expected to become familiar with producing market and sector briefs, preparing short reports, organising meetings, taking notes and follow-up, develop skills that they can use in the wide variety of fields in their future career, increase commercial awareness, gain a better understanding of working in an international environment and learn how an embassy works, become comfortable communicating with co-workers and confident expressing ideas, accomplish tasks or participating in projects that showcase their skills.
How to apply
Please send by email only a cover letter together with your CV or Resume in English by 12 May 2013 to Sofia.email@example.com. Interviews will be held in the week commencing 20 May 2013. Only those candidates who are successful in the initial sift of applications will be contacted and invited to an interview. If you do not hear from us you should assume that your application has not been successful.
The British Embassy as an equal opportunities employer does not discriminate on grounds of ethnic origin, race, religious beliefs, age, disability, gender or sexual orientation. All applications are treated on merit alone.