UKEF appoints new head of international business development
This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
UK Export Finance appoints former banker to head up its international business development division.
UK Export Finance (UKEF), the UK’s export credit agency, has appointed David Ludlow as its new Head of International Business Development.
David’s career has spanned both government, in the Diplomatic Service, and international finance, where he held a range of senior roles in corporate and investment banking, most recently with Standard Chartered Bank in the Middle East.
Commenting on Mr Ludlow’s appointment, David Godfrey, Chief Executive of UKEF said:
This a global role and David’s experience in finance, emerging markets, and government combine to give him strengths that will make a valuable contribution to helping UKEF deliver its strategic objectives in the international arena.
Of his new challenge, David said:
I have seen how export credit agencies can play a key role in effectively opening up new markets for exporters. I’m looking forward to ensuring that more companies are aware of the financial support available from UKEF to exporters, and helping those businesses make a major contribution in the global marketplace.
Originally from Northern Ireland, David completed his education at Cambridge University. During his career he has been based in Moscow, Brussels, Geneva and Dubai, and worked extensively in Central & Eastern Europe, and across the Middle East. He recently relocated to London with his wife and family.
Notes for Editors
- UK Export Finance is the UK’s export credit agency. It supports long term economic growth and competitiveness by complementing the private market with insurance for exporters, loan guarantees to banks, and support for and provision of loans to overseas buyers of UK goods and services.
- Sectors in which UKEF has supported exports include: aerospace, petrochemicals, construction, oil and gas, mining and metals, telecommunications, and transport.
- UKEF has a regional network of Export Finance Advisers supporting export businesses.
UKEF supports exporters with a range of products that include:
- Bond insurance policy
- Bond support scheme
- Buyer and supplier credit financing facility
- Direct lending facility
- Export insurance policy
- Export refinancing facility
- Export working capital scheme
- Letter of credit guarantee scheme
Media enquiries: Julia Beck, Media Relations Manager
Telephone +44 (0)7791 797810 or out-of-hours +44 (0)207 008 3333
Published: 22 December 2014
From: UK Export Finance