UK-Chile project partnerships: apply for business funding
UK businesses are invited to partner with Chilean ones on projects that meet challenges in agri-foods, resource efficiency and solar energy.
The Newton-Picarte Fund is to fund joint UK-Chilean experimental development projects in the fields of agri-foods, resource efficiency for sustainable extraction of raw materials and solar energy.
UK and Chilean businesses are being invited to join forces to seek a share of up to £2 million for projects that meet particular challenges faced by Chile as it grows and develops.
Projects must demonstrate a positive impact on economic development and social welfare in Chile.
The UK investment has been made possible by the UK Department for Business, Innovation and Skills-managed Newton Fund, which aims to build research collaborations between UK business and those in lower and middle-income partner countries.
- the competition is now open and the deadline is 8 January 2016
- only UK-based SMEs are eligible to apply for UK funding
- a project must include a minimum of one UK and one Chilean partner
- total project costs for UK-based partners are expected to be up to £230,000
- UK small or micro businesses could attract up to 45% of their costs as grant and medium-sized businesses 35%
- projects are expected to last between 3 and 6 months
- one application should be made for all partners through the EUREKA website