This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
Liverpool, Celtic and Dundee United are playing qualifying matches in the UEFA Europa League on Thursday
On 26 August Liverpool play Trabzonspor in Turkey, Celtic play FC Utrecht in The Netherlands and Dundee United play AEK Athens in Greece.
We’ve put up specific advice for each match in our travelling football fans section:
If you’re going to watch your club play, bear in mind:
- you don’t need a visa to enter Greece or the Netherlands, but you will for Turkey, you can buy these at the airport when you arrive for €10.
- take out travel insurance even if you are only going for one night.
- your European Health Insurance Card is not valid in Turkey, but worth taking if you’re travelling to Greece or the Netherlands
- there may be additional regulations in force on match days and in the vicinity of the stadium. These may include restrictions on where alcohol can be consumed. If in doubt, check with the local police or tourist authorities
- crowds in and around football stadiums can attract pickpockets. Take care to safeguard your possessions in crowded areas. The UEFA Champions League draw takes place tomorrow at 5pm (UK time), and the UEFA Europa League draw takes place on Friday at midday (UK time). We’ll be updating our advice for any British matches taking place abroad soon after so keep checking our football advice page