UAE delegation visits pioneering UK drug rehabilitation services
Leaders from the United Arab Emirates’ National Rehabilitation Centre inspect additional UK centres of excellence looking to do business.
A delegation from the United Arab Emirates (UAE) to UK drug rehabilitation services has resulted in the Director General of the UAE’s National Rehabilitation Centre (NRC) appointing teams to drive forward detailed negotiations. The UAE intention is to secure active partnerships with the UK this financial year.
UK expertise in drug rehabilitation attracts repeat visits from UAE
This was the second visit recently from senior staff at the National Rehabilitation Centre in Abu Dhabi to see UK drug rehabilitation expertise and services.
Hosted and planned by Healthcare UK, this visit was led by His Excellency Dr. Hamad Al Ghaferi, Director General of the UAE’s National Rehabilitation Centre. The mission included:
- Head of Nursing Dr. Samya Al Mamari
- Dr Shamil Wanigaratne, adviser to His Excellency and clinical psychologist.
UK healthcare centres of excellence
The mission team visited a selection of centres of excellence in the UK drug rehabilitation sector, including:
- the Priory Group’s Life Works centre for the treatment of addictions and behavioural health disorders at Woking
- a prisoner’s rehabilitation service at HMP Brixton
- the high security forensic unit at South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust for those with severe mental health issues that pose a risk to the public and themselves
- the drug rehabilitation nursing unit at Central and North West London NHS Foundation Trust, which is pioneering the use of specialist nurses in rehabilitation services
Healthcare UK contact
Contact us at email@example.com for more information about UK drug rehabilitation services or to discuss support with exporting.