Chevening is the UK Government’s global scholarship programme that offers future leaders the unique opportunity to study in the UK. These scholarships are awarded to outstanding professionals from your country and beyond to pursue a one-year master’s degree in any subject at any UK university.
Chevening provides fully-funded scholarships, leaving you free to focus on achieving your academic goals and enjoying the experience of a lifetime. You will live and study in the UK for a year, during which time you will develop professionally and academically, grow your network, experience UK culture, and build lasting positive relationships with the UK.
If you have ambition, leadership potential, and a strong academic background, we encourage you to apply to study in the UK, a classroom like no other.
A Chevening Scholarship offers financial support along with the opportunity to become part of the highly regarded and influential Chevening global network.
Applicants from Turkey can choose any course of study at any UK higher education institution.
- university tuition fees
- a monthly stipend
- travel costs to and from the UK
- an arrival allowance
- a homeward departure allowance
- the cost of one visa application
- a travel grant to attend Chevening events in the UK
To be eligible for a Chevening Scholarship you must:
- be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country
- return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your scholarship has ended
- have an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry to a post-graduate programme at a UK university. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK
- have at least two years’ work experience
- apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 11 July 2019.
- meet the Chevening English language requirement by 11 July 2019. (IELTS Academic 6,5 - Pearson PTE Academic 58, TOEFL IBT 79, C1 Advanced 176, Trinity ISE II (B2) Pass. Please visit this link for further details)
You are not eligible for a Chevening Scholarship if you:
- hold British or dual British citizenship
- have previously studied in the UK with funding from a UK Government-funded scholarship. However, if they have previously studied under a UK Government-funded scholarship (including Chevening), they may be eligible to apply for a Chevening Fellowship five years after completion of their initial UK Government-funded scholarship
- are an employee, a former employee, or relative of an employee (since July 2016) of Her Majesty’s Government (including British Embassies/High Commissions, the Department for International Development, the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy, Department for International Trade, the Ministry of Defence and the Home Office), the British Council, or a staff member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities. Employees, former employees, or relatives of an employee (since July 2016) of Chevening Partner organisations are eligible to apply, but cannot receive a Chevening/Partner Award from the organisation for which they work, previously worked, or are affiliated with through relatives
- (note: Immediate relatives are defined as parents or step-parents, siblings or step-siblings, children or step-children, spouse, civil partner or unmarried partner (where the couple have been in a relationship akin to marriage or civil partnership for at least two years)
How to Apply?
Applications for Chevening Awards can only be submitted using the Chevening online application system, available through the ‘apply’ button on your country page. Documents submitted by mail, e-mail or fax will not be accepted.
Prior to starting your application for a Chevening Scholarship please visit Chevening web site and read the application guidance carefully.
If you have a question related to Chevening Scholarships and Fellowships applications please visit the frequently asked questions page.
Prior to starting your application for a Chevening Scholarship please ensure you have the following ready:
- valid passport/national ID card
- university transcripts and degree certificates (undergraduate, postgraduate)
- three different UK master’s course choices
- names of two referees who know you in a professional or academic capacity
Chevening Scholarship applications will close on 6 November 2018 at 12:00 UK time.
Facebook: The Chevening Programme In Turkey