Tottenham, Manchester City and Chelsea are playing matches in Europe this week. If you’re going to the matches, check our travel advice for fans.
In the UEFA Champions League, Tottenham play Werder Bremen in Germany on 14 September, and Chelsea play Zilina in Slovakia on 15 September.
Manchester City play Salzburg in a Europa League Group A Game on 19 September at the Red Bull Salzburg Stadium, in Salzburg, Austria.
You can find specific advice for each match in our travelling football fans section:
If you are going to watch your club play, bear in mind :
- You don’t need a visa to enter Germany, Slovakia or Austria, but your passport must be valid for the duration of your stay.
- Remember to take out some travel insurance even if you’re only going for one night - if you get into difficulties it could save you a lot of money!
- See our travel advice by country for information on local laws and customs.
- There may be additional regulations in force on match days and in the vicinity of the stadium. These may include restrictions on where alcohol can be consumed. If in doubt, check with local police or tourist authorities.
- Crowds in and around football stadiums can attract pickpockets. Take care to safeguard your possessions in crowded areas.
You can find more tips in our advice for travelling football fans.