The event, titled “MER UK in Practice”, will take place on 25th October 2016 at Aberdeen Exhibition Conference Centre and feature a mix of plenary, panel question and answer and breakout sessions to encourage strong participation from delegates.
Andy Samuel, OGA Chief Executive, said: “I am pleased to announce the MER UK in Practice event. We will lay out in some detail what the OGA expects from industry and what industry can expect from the OGA as a strong and effective authority.
“The varied agenda will set out the OGA regulatory framework including use of our new powers. We will also provide more information on the enhanced asset stewardship process and the sector strategies. Proactive and constructive dialogue across industry will be most timely as we look to the next stage of maximising economic recovery.”
The afternoon will feature eight parallel breakout sessions focusing on MER UK themes including:
- Asset stewardship
- Information management
- Supply chain
- Regulatory framework
- Collaboration, competition law and regional plans.
As announced by the Secretary of State the Rt. Hon. Greg Clark last month, on 1st October, the OGA transitions from an Executive Agency of the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) to a government company.
As a government company, OGA is being granted new powers including access to operators meetings; data acquisition and retention; dispute resolution; and sanctions. It also formalises the transfer of the Secretary of State’s existing regulatory powers in respect of oil and gas to the Oil and Gas Authority.
- MER UK in Practice will take place on Tuesday 25th October at Aberdeen Exhibition and Conference Centre (AECC). It is free to attend.
- Attendees can register here
- Registration closes on 17th October 2016. Due to limited capacity, registration will not guarantee a space. Confirmation of a place will be issued separately
- It is supported on Twitter by the hashtag #MERUKinPractice
- Questions regarding the event should be directed to Katrina.firstname.lastname@example.org
- There are still a number of matters which must be concluded before the Oil and Gas Authority formally becomes a government company on 1st October. Vesting is the phrase used to describe the process
- This process consists of completing a number of final regulations and administrative issues
Press and Media Advisor
Oil & Gas Authority
Tel: +44 (0) 300 020 1072