It provides a detailed definition of each indicator, including how the indicator is measured, monitored, any planning requirements and how performance will be judged.
Indicators for 2012/13 include:
- preventing people from dying prematurely of cancer
- enhancing quality of life for people with long term conditions
- helping people to recover from episodes of ill health or following injury
- ensuring that people have a positive experience of care
- treating and caring for people in a safe environment and protect them from avoidable harm
- percentage of people quitting smoking and receiving health checks.
The technical guidance for the 2012/13 Operating Framework supports the Operating Framework for the NHS in England 2012/13.
Published 22 December 2011