Statistical Press notice: Dental Commissioning Statistics - quarterly update
Dental Commissioning Statistics, England - September 2012
These statistics show the volume of units of dental activity (UDAs) commissioned by Primary Care Trusts as at the end of each quarter, for the proceeding 12 months.
The figures are broken down into two groups:
• UDAs commissioned where the dental service is being provided;
• UDAs commissioned in contracts not yet delivering services (for example, UDAs in new contracts, where the contract has been signed but the dental activity has not yet started).
Key findings this quarter:
• All 151 Commissioners (PCTs and Care Trusts) returned data.
• 89.3 million UDAs have been commissioned as at 30th September 2012.
• This is 108,000 higher (0.12% increase) than the UDAs commissioned compared to the previous year, and 234,000 higher (0.26% increase) compared to the previous quarter.
• UDAs commissioned but not yet delivering services represents 0.2% (166,000) of all UDAs commissioned this quarter. This is smallest count and percentage since the collection started in June 2007.
Dental Contracts Statistics: