Monthly access to GUM services data for October 2011 were released today by the Department of Health
The following statistics were released today by the Department of Health:
GUMAMM for month ending 31st October 2011.
This data shows the number of first attendances to a GUM clinic for each clinic provider, how many of these attendances were offered an appointment within 48 hours and how many were seen within 48 hours. Main findings are:
• The percentage of first appointments offered within 48 hours was 99.80% for October 2011. It was 99.91% for September 2011.
• The percentage of first attendances seen within 48 hours as a proportion of the total number of first attendances was 88.55% for October 2011/ It was 87.87% for September 2011.
• The total number of first attendances was 129,555 in October 2011 which is 6,169 per working day. It was 6,333 per working day in September 2011.
• The total number of attendances was 182,275 in October 2011 which is 8,680 per working day. It was 8,768 per working day in September 2011.
• The collection covers 133 NHS providers and three Independent Sector providers that are responsible for 206 GUM clinics providing type 3 services.
GUMAMM data can be found on the Department of Health website.