Statistical Press notice: Access to GUM services
This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
Monthly access to GUM services data for October 2011 were released today by the Department of Health
The following statistics were released today by the Department of Health:
GUMAMM for month ending 31st October 2011.
This data shows the number of first attendances to a GUM clinic for each clinic provider, how many of these attendances were offered an appointment within 48 hours and how many were seen within 48 hours. Main findings are:
• The percentage of first appointments offered within 48 hours was 99.80% for October 2011. It was 99.91% for September 2011.
• The percentage of first attendances seen within 48 hours as a proportion of the total number of first attendances was 88.55% for October 2011/ It was 87.87% for September 2011.
• The total number of first attendances was 129,555 in October 2011 which is 6,169 per working day. It was 6,333 per working day in September 2011.
• The total number of attendances was 182,275 in October 2011 which is 8,680 per working day. It was 8,768 per working day in September 2011.
• The collection covers 133 NHS providers and three Independent Sector providers that are responsible for 206 GUM clinics providing type 3 services.
GUMAMM data can be found on the Department of Health website.
Published: 22 December 2011
From: Department of Health