This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
Access to GUM monthly statistics were released today by the Department of Health for August 2011
The following statistics were released today by the Department of Health:
GUMAMM for month ending 31st August 2011.
This data shows the number of first attendances to a GUM clinic for each clinic provider, how many of these attendances were offered an appointment within 48 hours and how many were seen within 48 hours.
Main findings are:
- The percentage of 1st appointments offered within 48 hours was 99.86% for August 2011, it was 99.91%for July 2011.
- The percentage of 1st attendances seen within 48 hours as a proportion of the total number of 1st attendances was 88.70% for August 2011, it was 88.41% for July 2011.
- The total number of 1st attendances was 133,767 in August 2011 which is 6,080 per working day, it was 6,074 per working day in July 2011.
- The total number of attendances was 188,488 in August 2011 which is 8,568 per working day, it was 8,597 per working day in July 2011.
- The collection covers 133 NHS providers & 3 Independent Sector providers that are responsible for 206 GUM clinics providing type 3 services.
GUMAMM data statistics can be found on the Department of Health Website.
Published: 20 October 2011
From: Department of Health