UK businesses working in space and satellite technologies have an opportunity to meet potential overseas customers, partners and investors.
Up to 15 new and innovative businesses with high-growth potential working in the space sector will take part in a trade mission to California in November.
Innovate UK is seeking businesses that could have attractive propositions for potential customers, partners and investors in the United States.
The visit to San Francisco and Los Angeles between 5 November and 11 November will include visits to leading-edge companies and technology hubs, networking events, masterclasses on pitching, meetings with specialist international trade advisors and briefings on all aspects of doing business overseas.
The space mission is designed to help businesses to:
- understand the challenges and opportunities of exporting
- develop quality contacts with potential customers, investors and partners
- gain first-hand insight into new space and satellite applications markets
- boost their profile at home and abroad
- hone product pitches for international customers and investors
- develop a market-entry strategy
The previous 2 space missions have seen businesses secure more than £1 million investment, collaborate with organisations such as NASA and the European Space Agency and win contracts with the Ministry of Defence.
Watch a video about last year’s mission to Houston
- successful businesses pay travel and event costs, typically around £2,000
- space missions are aimed at startups or SMEs based in the UK and developing space and satellite technologies
- businesses will be selected based on innovation and their suitability for the international destination
- the programme includes pre-mission briefings and training and a post-mission debrief
- the deadline for applications is 16 September 2016